Draper Elementary School PTA Minutes
Executive Board Meeting
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 Teachers’ Lounge9:00am
Attendance: Janene, Kristin, Susy, Cathy, Cara, Shalane, Timette, Melarie, Marissa Quorum Present: Yes
Executive Board: President: Marissa Geertsen; President Elect: Cathy Smith and Shalane Brower; Secretary: Janene Day; Treasurer: Kristin Kristensen; Legislative VP: Melarie Wheat; Memberships: Susy Cotterell
Meeting Started: 9:07 Agenda:
- Call to Order/Welcome Marissa
- Volunteer Hours Janene
Everyone put their hours down on paper. Janene will send report of hours.
- Bylaw RenewalCurrent bylaws expire 11/1/19Change Quorum to 10Find a place to have the updated ByLaws PDF to share with Members?Vote on new Bylaws in October meeting
- Budget Report /Budget Approval Discussion Everything is balancedPTEZ is not going away. Memberhub is different. The budget has been the same for the last 3 years. We currently have $15,654.36 in our checking.
Do we need to spend more on our kids? School? Or keep the excess in the checking to carry over for the next year?The bulk of the money we earned last year, we spent it during the school year.We give the school a grant of $15,000 – combined fundraiser efforts.
End of year audit needs to be done by a CPA. Mandy Phelps will do our audit. It should be done by the middle of September.Last year we budgeted $1800 in PTA dues and we paid $614.25
- Memberships/Memberhub Susy/Everyone All executive board members need to be PTA member.Our PTA membership was low last year.Susy feels Memberhub will be a good thing to track memberships. This year as an executive board we will explore using Memberhub.
Susy has talked to several companies about coupons to offer to people who join the PTA. So far she has 30 coupons from Bahama Bucks.Marissa has coupons for Freedy’s.Timette has coupons from Arctic Circle (800).
Susy would like to do a spin wheel for candy, coupons, etc. for the Meet and Greet, Dragon Dash, Parent Teacher Conferences to help with PTA memberships.Timette had PTA shirts made. $5.00 a shirt. There are 50 shirts total.We will need to log payments for memberships and shirts
- Meet the Teachers Event Marissa
Thursday 8/15 3:00-4:00
There is nothing formal being doneMarissa would like to have specific signups on clipboards – Dragon Dash, Fundraising, Book Fair, Red Ribbon Week, Parent Teacher Dinners, Staff AppreciationPlease come at 2:30
- First Week of School Parking Lot Marissa
Monday 8/19- Friday 8/23
Parking lot done the second week of September?If it is done, we could do a Back to School nightWe need 3 parents to help with parking lot in the morning and in the afternoon. Marissa will do a sign up genius todayFirst day of school 8:15-8:50Afternoon 3:10-3:30
- Back to School Night?
- Dragon Dash
Monday 9/16Timette would like to do a Silent AuctionDragon Dash and Fundraiser are totally separate this year. Fundraiser will start in October to give parents a break.Drill Team will come to Dragon Dash and performTaking the mile awayTeachers will race. Grades will race.We will sell Sweet Treats – food trucks; Pizza; water bottles
- Fundraising Marissa
Monday 9/30 – Friday 10/11
New platform to fundraise – SuccessFundFundraiser has to be approved through SuccessFundWe will have QR codes and links to share for paymentsWe will give prizes for envelopes returnedIf the school doesn’t get what we need, there will be a second fundraiser Add paragraph to explain how fundraiser worksWe are taking a risk asking for $25/studentWe are hoping for bigger donations
We need corporate donations soonWe need to think of incentives for the studentsAssembly 9/9 – Reflections/Dragon Dash. Susy would like to talk about memberships at the assembly Prizes to kids for PTA membership? Give student something to give to their parent for becoming a member.
- Room Parent Meeting Marissa
Friday 9/13 at 8:00
Cara would like to have room parent signups at the Meet the Teachers Event. Marissa will talk to Christy about having the teachers do this.We will need Halloween schedule before this meeting
- PTA Newsletter/PTA link on school website JaneneBox Tops – need someone to count Box TopsLast year we made $1,030 last year in Box TopsMarissa recommended sending a paper copy of newsletter home with the kids
- Legislative VP MelarieTurn in your ballots! Primary is today 8/13/19John Curtis – having a town hall meeting next Wednesday 8/21 6:00-7:00 at City Council building Draper City – Clean air incentive started. Don’t idle your car over 2 minutes.Marissa suggested maybe we have some posters made about no idling.Film crew make a video? 5th graders do something?
- ThemeBe the Good…..Next month: Be the Good StudentTimette will do Bulletin board – update every month.
Tuesday, September 10th at 9:00 in the Teachers’ Lounge Meeting Adjourned: 10:30