Who We Are
Draper Elementary serves patrons located in the Draper area where residents are proud of their community and school. Draper parents, teachers, and staff cooperate to see that the school maintains a high standard of academic excellence and a learning environment, which fosters academic growth.
* Draper serves about 700 students from kindergarten to fifth grade.
* School is in session 180 days a year on a traditional nine-month schedule.
* School hours are 8:50 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. M- Th (Fridays: early dismissal at 1:50 p.m.)
* The front office will be open from 8:30 AM -4:00 PM Monday-Friday
* The faculty is state certified and have achieved the status of a Highly Qualified teacher if they hold a level II certificate. The curriculum follows the state core curriculum guidelines and meets or exceeds all District and State requirements.
* Draper is proud to have a culturally rich curriculum, including Chinese Dual Immersion, Fine Arts, Music and Orchestra, and Cultural celebrations.
* Teachers work in teams to meet individual student needs.
* All teachers undergo formal evaluation on a regular basis.
* Dress, attendance and discipline standards are maintained.
* An active PTA and School Community Council are a vital part of school operations.
* A nutritious school breakfast and lunch are provided for free.
* Special education programs are available to qualifying students who need extra assistance.
* Our computer lab offers instruction in word processing, keyboarding, coding, and various other classroom enrichment activities.
* Volunteers are valued at Draper and encouraged to help with a variety of activities. All volunteers complete a background check prior to supporting classrooms, field trips, etc.
* School visitors are welcome and asked to check in at the office and complete a background check before visiting classrooms.
To prepare all students to be enthusiastic, responsible, life-long learners who achieve to the best of their abilities and are prepared for the challenges of a global society.
Draper Elementary Belief Statements
- We believe in creating a positive and engaging learning environment in which teachers love to teach and students love to learn.
- We believe in maintaining high academic and behavioral standards for all students.
- We believe all students can learn regardless of challenges.
- We believe a child’s optimal education requires the unified and collaborative effort of students, parents, educators, and the entire community.