Draper Elementary School
April 16, 2014
In a recent faculty meeting, we listed many of the great things we love about our school. We are proud of our school and want to share the good work we are doing. Enjoy!
25 Reasons We LOVE Draper Elementary School
1. We treat every student with respect and dignity.
2. We work hard to accommodate and celebrate the diverse needs of our students.
3. We provide a well-rounded high quality education: math, literacy, science, social studies, art, music, Chinese language, and social skills.
4. We work hard with a healthy dose of humor and collegiality.
5. We encourage parent participation and communication as part of a home-school partnership.
6. We support and implement a school-wide positive behavior system. We have all the rules posted throughout the school
7. We encourage collaboration and data based decision-making through weekly grade team meetings.
8. We have great parent volunteers and support.
9. We have extracurricular activities for students after and before school.
10.We have a great staff dedicated to our students.
11.Technology readily available for students and teachers.
12.We have an awesome support staff – secretaries, custodians, aides, and administrator. Always willing to help out.
13.Extracurricular activities to enrich students.
14.Tutoring and extra help for those in need.
15.Scope and sequence and teacher support through professional development.
16.We collaborate well as grade level teams and as a school for the benefit of our students.
17.Responsive and active parents and community involvement.
18.School is always well kept; we love all the artwork!
19.As a school, we are willing to change and adapt as needs arise.
20.Open communication between administration and teachers to access supplies and technology needs to help us be better teachers.
21.We have a fantastic and supportive PTA and School Community Council.
22.We have a great system to reach all students.
23.We work collaboratively in teams for effective problem solving.
24.It’s not an 8:00-4:00 job for any of us – all faculty and staff are willing to step up and help each other with anything needed (including new teachers feeling welcome and supported).
25.We love what we do and we love our students – our school community is warm and caring.
School Website http://draper.canyonsdistrict.org/
PTA Blog http://draperelementary.blogspot.com/